I was riding in the car on the way to Mexico when the song, 'Where Nobody Knows', came on my shuffle. It was love at first note.
The whole week in Mexico, I played that song over and over and over again.
When I got home I got to googling.
I didn't know any of the song titles, so I would type some lyrics into Google and then fetch the song name.
I printed off picture after picture of the band and glued them all over my school notebooks.
I watched video after video of interviews and performances on Youtube, until I had seen every single one.
I bought all of their music videos and put them on my Ipod.
I showed the video of The Bucket to my friends (you know those couple seconds where Caleb smiles so sexily).
Around this time I worked at Space Age, an auto paint store. I found out one of my co-workers, Albert, liked KOL as well. I was ecstatic. It was rare to find someone back then who had ever even heard of them.
We would sit on Myspace all day and leave comments on their page begging them to come to Arizona. And then in September of 2007 they finally came......and I missed it.
It wouldn't be until May of 2009 that I finally got to see them.
It was so strange finally seeing these people ten feet in front of me, who I had listened to for years and gazed at on computer screens (creepy much?).
They didn't play my favorite songs but I still loved it to death.
And to this day it's one of my favorite shows I've ever been to.
![]() |
| Oompa Loompas. Tristine did some weird things with her camera. |
My sister Brittney looks beyond crazy in all of these haha
And that was the first time I saw Kings of Leon.
I'm trying to win a contest, but I'm starting to feel like I don't have a snowballs chance in hell ha.







7 comments:
Thanks for putting up that picture of me where I look like an oompa loompa. I hope you win!
Girl you should win, this is a good post about them and you tweeted about them A LOT! So hopefully you win!
@emma haha what was tristine thinking? we all look orange
@bethany thank you, that would be wonderful if I won. you should see some of the crazies on there though
*though
i was trying to make us look tan! haha! what a fun concert even thought it was hah (hot as hell) too bad we will never again see them at such a small venue :( we were sO close to the stage i could almost smell caleb's sweat.. oh good times....
Looks like some good fun!
Haha...I like how you rip on Brit!
Post a Comment