All great things must come to an end.
The last day was craaazy. We stood waiting at the main stage for 10 straight hours in order to be in front for The Strokes.
The last day was craaazy. We stood waiting at the main stage for 10 straight hours in order to be in front for The Strokes.
Violent would be the one-word description for it.
People. Get. Crazy.
The whole time we were pushed against the railing and could hardly breathe, four days later and I'm still discovering new bruises on my body.
Oh and to top it all off, I lost my shoes!
Notable events:
Played a dirty mind card game with our new friends Andy, Brandon, Cinzia, and Kyra.
Acquired a nice pair of cankles.
Missed Best Coast and Fun.
And instead had to endure Jacks Mannequin, Wiz Khalifa, Nas and Damian Marley, Death From Above 1979 (HATED them), and Duran Duran (also terrible).
Got crushed and almost decapitated a thousand times over by crowd surfers during DFA 1979 (again, hate them.)
Wanted to boo Duran Duran off the stage, their set was never ending!
Fell in love all over again with The Strokes.
Fell on the ground when getting pulled out by a security guard. I lead a rough life.
Laid on the grass after narrowly escaping the flesh eating mob of Kanye fans.
Enjoyed Kanye in the comfort of our tent.
People. Get. Crazy.
The whole time we were pushed against the railing and could hardly breathe, four days later and I'm still discovering new bruises on my body.
Oh and to top it all off, I lost my shoes!
Notable events:
Played a dirty mind card game with our new friends Andy, Brandon, Cinzia, and Kyra.
Acquired a nice pair of cankles.
Missed Best Coast and Fun.
And instead had to endure Jacks Mannequin, Wiz Khalifa, Nas and Damian Marley, Death From Above 1979 (HATED them), and Duran Duran (also terrible).
Got crushed and almost decapitated a thousand times over by crowd surfers during DFA 1979 (again, hate them.)
Wanted to boo Duran Duran off the stage, their set was never ending!
Fell in love all over again with The Strokes.
Fell on the ground when getting pulled out by a security guard. I lead a rough life.
Laid on the grass after narrowly escaping the flesh eating mob of Kanye fans.
Enjoyed Kanye in the comfort of our tent.
This guy was trippin. He looked totally frazzled and kept taking pictures of us with his array of giant cameras.
Clint Eastwood.
This kid was the bane of my existence. I don't even like having his stupid face on my blog. When I was getting crushed by a crowd surfer he took it as an opportunity to shove me out of the way and take my spot. I hate him.
Oh and he kept sticking his arms past us and putting his hands on the rail, so I pried them off haha!
Oh and he kept sticking his arms past us and putting his hands on the rail, so I pried them off haha!
So because it was boiling hot out, the big security guys would go around and pour water in our mouths. A newspaper photographer took this picture and then came over and asked if he could put it on some website.
The Hoff. (Emma stroked his back)
00:59 he points at me. Ha it really does look like it though doesn't it!
I won't say it was worth it, but I do think it taught me a valuable lesson never to attempt anything like this again. The show was amazing, but I think we would have enjoyed it a lot more from the back.
I'll probably never be that close to The Strokes again, so it was worth it.
Only for The Strokes.
(and maybe for The Shins....and KoL)
Other than that though, you'll find me in the back.
I'll probably never be that close to The Strokes again, so it was worth it.
Only for The Strokes.
(and maybe for The Shins....and KoL)
Other than that though, you'll find me in the back.



8 comments:
HOlly! Dang girl i loved your blog. i really think you could make a career out of writing... you make sense, are quite clever and don't feel you need to use big words (that ppl have to look up on google) to look smart. glad you had a fun time.... now start saving woman!
Holl-Doll....I loved reading this, you are sooo funny...it made me laugh! I love you sister! :)
Ok, that acned Mexican was the freaking worst! I have bruises everywhere from this, not to mention a loose tooth. I still can't believe how close we were, it's surreal. I can't count how many times I've watched videos like that one and I was actually standing right there this time! Right there and nearly fainting because I was being pushed so hard against the rail I couldn't breathe. Also, I love how you can see our Tongan security guard friend in the video. Haha And can I just say that if I ever see DFA 1979 or Duran Duran again I will throw eggs at them.
Yeah, too bad the crush at the front makes getting close to band unfortunate.
Oh hey.
You're the coolest person I know
the end.
I love you all.
Girl you and Emma look like freakin rockstars! This sounds like quite the adventure! I'm happy you guys got to be that close to your favorite band ever! But for your safety please don't attempt this again! haha. Also sweetest pic ever of you with the water bottle! I saw it on twitter and I was like my friend is famous! Also Emma's tooth is loose?! Craziness!
Hey! That's so cool you went to Coachella! I'm jealous! I went for the Weezer day about 6 years ago and would love to go back again but I'm over in the UK so is a little tricky!
I love The Strokes, too!
Thanks for the kind words about my blog :-) I'm glad someone appreciates my lack of outfits (although I do enjoy putting outfits together) and never-ending wish lists! x
Post a Comment