It seems like most mornings I wake up and watch as the light in my room slowly increases. Usually I doze off and on for a while until I fully wake up and my mind becomes active. It's a pleasant experience as I think about the coming day and the anticipations I have. Always I end up thinking of Mom and you kids and usually I'm given to mentally compose a letter to one, several or all of you. I always end with a prayer that you all will find happiness in your day and find joy in family and service. In my prayer I usually ask that Heavenly Father will find ways that will soften your hearts, that you will be humble and contrite, that the Spirit will be able to teach and impress on you the spirit of the laws He has given us and that there are ever higher laws to live, each one drenched in the blessings He wants us to enjoy. As I think about it I realize that we are perhaps first taught to live the letter of a law, like being prayerful, fasting or keeping the sabbath day holy or even the word of wisdom. But, the letter of any of Gods laws is only meant to help us experiment with true principles until we see their benefit and how they enhance us, make us better. Then we move into a higher level of obedience where we see, understand and begin to live by the spirit of that law. We are no longer forced by guilt, fear or social pressure but our desires have become holy and will bring us ever closer, step by step to those Devine qualities of which we are spiritually genetically disposed. Isn't life wonderful. Mom and I are looking forward to seeing all of you, that can be at Grandmas funeral. It will be an enjoyable time and perhaps the last time that so many of us will gather in one place. I love you all, Dad
Sent from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment