The Balm is a mid end cosmetics line that isn't too well known (but they should be!)
Usually only to be found at select Sephora's or online, but now for a limited time only (assumption) you can find it at Marshalls or TJ Maxx for a super discounted price.
I.Am.Obsessed. youdontevenknow
I keep going back for more cause I love everything I buy.
Here be some of my favorites.
Hot Mama Blush. If you know your makeup, this blush is often compared to Nars Orgasm (which is probably the most famous blush ever) just without the sparkles. It's a peachy pink with hints of gold and it supposedly flatters every skin color.
Bahama Mama Bronzer. This bronzer isn't really a sweep-all-over-your-face type for me, just cause I have fair skin and it's quite dark. Instead I use it for contouring. Completely matte not a sparkle in sight.
Sexy Mama anti-shine translucent powder. So silky and leaves me shine free for quite a while.
| See how dark the bronzer looks. |
MY FAVORITE. The Mary-Lou Manizer. Words cannot explain how much I love this product. I had never used a powder luminizer before and now I have seen the light.
It's an incredibly pigmented, silky champagne color. You barely have to use any for it to show up, this thing is gonna last me forevah.
*Excuse my blank stare in the following photos, for I'm an insomniac and had just woken up after 3 hours of sleep. And also the low quality pictures. Just deal okay.
So this is my face with just concealer and Smashbox Halo powder which I use as my foundation. No eye makeup.
Blank canvas.
I contoured my face with the bronzer applying it right underneath my cheekbones, very top of forehead blending into hairline, and jawline. The most important thing is to BLEND, this stuff is dark so light hand it and blend otherwise it'll look like ya got dirt on your face.
Then the blush which I applied to the apples of my cheeks blending upwards along the cheekbone.
Next, I swept the luminzer along the tops of the cheekbone (again, light handed. This stuff is pigmented remember?), inner corners of eyes, brow bone, and along the cupids bow above top lip.
To end it all, the anti-shine powder, which I swept over the areas that tend to get oily, like nose and chin.
Don't you love it? I love it.
Two Shady Lady eyeshadows *the eyeshadows are probably the lines most famous product. They're known to be super pigmented and just real high quality.*
Hot Ticket nail polish, Cheater mascara, Balms Away eye makeup remover, Plump lip gloss, mini kabuki brush, and a Sexpot overshadow.
The only thing I don't recommend is the makeup remover, I just hated everything about it.
Well there you go guys. If I had any money I'd probably be out buying more instead of writing this post.
Be Smart. Get The Balm.

